Monday, April 20, 2009

It's too late for this year; let’s focus on 2010.

Another tax day has come and gone. Regardless of whether you paid in, or got a refund, ask yourself this question:

 

“How would my taxes have been different if I received a $10,000 tax credit for buying a new American car?”

 

Then, call or e-mail your elected representatives and ask them why, despite the billions of dollars sent to Detroit, companies like GM are seriously considering bankruptcy. Why are we junking more cars than buying new ones? Why are car sales half of what they were just two years ago?

 

For my regular readers, you know the tax incentive plan is something I continue to believe in. I also realize that change, especially when it comes to the government, moves at a glacial pace. It’s like jogging through peanut butter.

 

The plan is simple: Buy a new American-built car and receive a $10,000 tax credit when you file your taxes next year.

 

You, as a taxpayer, would finally get a break, people would start buying cars, jobs would be created and the domestic automobile industry would get back to being a thriving business rather than a welfare case.

 

The idea, as I said, is SLOWLY catching on. I was honored to be a keynote speaker at this year’s Colorado Auto Summit where it was agreed that my plan would get customers buying again.

 

You can watch excerpts by clicking here for Part 1 and here for Part 2.

 

The Detroit Free Press, The Denver Business Journal, CNN Money, KUSA-TV, KCNC-TV, KMGH-TV, FOX 31, WB2 in Denver, KPHO-TV in Phoenix and WJBK-TV in Detroit have all done stories about my idea.

 

More importantly, no one has come up with an argument for why it won’t work.

 

More and more people are listening. Look for me on more media outlets and Op-Eds in the future. Sadly, just one entity isn’t listening: our government.

 

You’re expected to pay for the solution, but not benefit from it. That is simply not fair.

 

Join me in this fight for what’s right.

 

-John

John W. Scherer

John is CEO & Founder of Video Professor, Inc.

You can reach him at ceo@videoprofessor.com.